Last updated July 31, 2018
COPYRIGHT & TRADEMARK POLICY
To promote these objectives, if you believe that one our members is unfairly using your intellectual property through our services, we want to know about it. Please send a notice of the alleged infringement to our organisation and our designated agent will further investigate. Here is the contact information for this agent:
Attn: Copyright and Trademark Agent
Level 3/155 Queen St
Brisbane City, Qld 4000
Please note that whether or not we remove a Member’s access to our Platform or remove the offending content, we make a good faith attempt to notify the alleged offending Member of the complainant’s request and we may also provide your contact information. We will take reasonable steps to notify the Member that Communic8 has received notice of an alleged violation of intellectual property rights or other content violation. It will be at our discretion to remove the offending content or terminate the Member account which infringed or repeatedly infringed the rights of others or otherwise post inappropriate or unlawful content.
Furthermore, please note that any notice or counter-notice you submit must be truthful and will be submitted under penalty of perjury. A false notice or counter-notice may give rise to personal liability. You may want to consider seeking legal counsel before submitting your notice or counter-notice.
Before sending us a notice, you may want to contact the person or organization who posted or used the content you believe infringes your rights. You may be able to resolve the issue directly without having to contact Communic8.
NOTICE OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
When providing notice of copyright infringement, please provide the following details in writing to the designated agent:
- The full name, address, telephone number, and email address of the copyright owner;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim is being infringed;
- A description specifying the location on our Platform (ideally, a URL to the published content or screenshots of the content is helpful) where the material that you claim is infringing is located - or in the case of email or other content delivery mediums, samples of the content being sent;
- Your email address and your mailing address and/or telephone number;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, it’s agent, or the law;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorised to act on the copyright owner’s behalf; and
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorised to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest.
NOTICE OF TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT
When providing notice of trademark infringement, please provide the following details in writing to the designated agent:
- The full name, address, telephone number, and email address of the trademark owner;
- An identification of the trademark that you claim is being infringed, including the trademark registration number, the country/jurisdiction where the trademark is registered, an identification of the category of goods and/or services covered by your registration, and a link to the registration or copies of your certificate of registration;
- A description of the content on our Platform or sent through our Platform that you claim infringes your trademark, including an explanation of how you believe the content is infringing;
- An identification of where the allegedly infringing content is located on our Platform or was sent through our Platform (ideally, a URL to the published content or screenshots of the content is helpful);
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the trademark owner or authorised to act on the trademark owner’s behalf; and
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorised to act on behalf of the owner of the trademark interest.
COUNTER-NOTICE OF INFRINGEMENT
If you believe that a notice of copyright or trademark infringement has been improperly submitted against you, you may submit a Counter-Notice. Please provide a written communication to our designated agent which contains the following:
- Identification of the material removed or to which access has been removed;
- A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that removal or disablement of the material was a mistake or that the material was misidentified;
- Your full name, your email address, your mailing address, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of Queensland, Australia; and
- Your electronic or physical signature.